GETTING YOUR TRAINING STARTED
The first step is to call or e-mail us and describe what you hope to achieve. An Admissions Advisor will be in contact with you, and we will help you figure out the best path forward to reach your goals. We have found that individual students benefit from choosing courses they are interested in, then developing a career training program consisting of only those courses that fit their needs.
After discussing your interests and goals, it may become apparent that the industries we train people to enter are not a good fit for you. That is not a problem for us, we are committed to helping you make an informed career training decision, we don’t want anyone to train here that isn’t going to benefit from the training, or won’t represent our school well when they go to work.
To see if this is for you, and to get started building the career training program that is right for you, please contact an Admissions Advisor.
Interested individuals will be pleased to know that there are many programs available for financial assistance.
- Veterans Benefits – Qualifying veterans may apply their VA benefits toward any heavy equipment training cost. Apply for your benefits through Post 9/11, GI Bill ®, and VA Vocational Rehabilitation funds by using benefits.va.gov/gibill/.
- Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Funds (DVR) – Check with the Dept. of Human Services in your area for disability benefits.
- Workforce Investment Act Funds (WIA) – For info about vocational retraining, contact your local unemployment office.
- Tribal Funds (BIA) – Native Americans can check with your local tribal office for benefits.
- Alaska Supplemental Education Loan (ASEL) – Residents of Alaska can call (800) 441-2962 or visit www.acpesecure.alaska.gov
- Trade Act Funds (TAA) – If you have been laid off because of outsourcing to foreign trade, visit www.doleta.gov/tradeact.
- Worker’s Comp Funds (L & I) – Injured workers can inquire about funding at your local office for the Dept. of Labor & Industry.
- Student Tuition Loans – Visit Climb Credit to learn more about how you may finance your tuition with a student loan.
All of our heavy equipment training courses combine comprehensive classroom and field instruction to ensure that graduates are fully prepared for the workforce. Students graduate with nationally recognized credentials that allow them to work anywhere in the U.S. and many places abroad. After coursework is completed, we are able to offer assistance with your job search. We’ll help grads prepare a resume, develop interview skills, and help guide job seekers toward a job that fits their ambitions.
If you’d like to learn more about your options, get in contact with us today!!